Debugging GCC

Hi all,

I have been working on a small extension to the C++ front end of GCC that helps me to document exceptions while compiling code. Anyway my extension requires me to modify GCC and so I am modifying version 4.0.1. Through developing this I have come across a single frustration that has slowed my development down a lot. Basically GCC seems to catch any SIGSEGV generated and then spit out an Internal Compiler Error. This is ok, I am still trying to debug some of my code that is producing the exception, but the problem is that I want to run g++ inside a debugg (gdb) in order to find out where the SIGSEV is being generated. Currently I have a lot of very extensive logging procedures that try to narrow down the problem, but it is still tedious.

Does anyone know a way of invoking g++ inside gdb or compiling g++ so that g++ will not handle the SIGSEGV signal but would crash instead so GDB can give me a stack trace of the place where the segmentation fault occurred?

Thanks,
Brendon.