dlopen query

Hi Guys,

We have an application that has lots of its functionality encapsulated
in various .so files. We dynamically load these as we need them. Each
shared library externs a "GetModuleFactory" symbol.

The implementation calls a function call __getModuleFactory (which is
private) that performs some initialization for us. The name of this
function is the same in each .so. When the code runs it always seems
that the same __getModuleFactory is called. dlopen is called with the
RTLD_GLOBAL option.

Is this the correct behaviour. Should each __getModuleFactory have a
unique name? We are not seeing this kind of behaviour using the native
compilers on Solaris and Windows (VC6).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Robert Keith

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/