Re: Linking in gcc/g++ with different results.

Garrett Kajmowicz wrote:
In the following, gcc refers to the C compiler, g++ to the c++ compiler.

I'm working on the free embedded c++ library at cxx.uclibc.org.
It has recently come to my attention that linking with gcc vs. g++ causes different results.

My library is compiled into object files individually. These files are then linked together using either gcc or g++. If they are linked together using gcc everything works well - my test suite compiles and runs properly. If I simply substitute g++ for gcc in the linking step, my applications segfault.

I need to know if this is a code error on my part (possible - some of this code is not well tested), or a gcc error (also possible - two different results should not happen).

use the -v flag and see what gcc/g++ are passing to the linking stage.

nathan

nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    ::     http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk