Re: a 64-bit g++?

You really need to dig into the documents and internet and other
resources before you get too far into any leading project.

But, some basic answers -- I'm sure others will reply also.

>    1. Is G++ 64-bit?

You can compile GCC to be 64-bit yes.

>    2. Does the G++ work on windows platforms without having to dual-boot linux?

You need to use Cygwin or Mingw32 for this.  Many people enjoy the
Dev-C++ environment built on mingw32 for gcc development in windows.
But, you can use the mingw32 gcc port directly.

>    4. How far optimised is the executable the G++ creates?  Is it
> good?  How good?  Good enough to run a massive next-generation 64-bit
> first-person-shooter game with graphics that look like the stuff in
> the movies, a realtime, non-depreciated physics-engine and room for
> Windows to run in the background?

G++ compiles useable code -- it's up to your programming team to make
it useable and efficient.

>    5. If G++ can run on Windows, how do I do that?  I looked at SDL
> and got more confused than ever.

SDL has nothing to do with executable formats and compilers.  GCC can
be configured and compiled (such as the mingw32 port) to run under
Windows.

>    6. Does the code generated by G++ work on:
>
>     * Windows
>     * Mac (OSX)

Yes.

corey