Re: Troubles with from-the-box gcc installation on cygwin

Hi Stefus,

NOTE:  your question is off-topic for this forum.  This isn't a "How do I get Cygwin to work" forum.  But I'll try to answer your question.

I have Cygwin installed, and GCC 3.3.3 (cygwin special) works just fine.

Have you installed all the Cygwin components (modules) that GCC relies upon, such as binutils, the GNU assembler, et al?

I found it easiest to install EVERYTHING using the Cygwin installer.  By default, Cygwin installer installs a (what I call) a bare-bones non-developer configuration.

At the top most item of the install hierarchy tree, change that to "install", and it will change everything underneath it to "install" (not including source; you'd have to do those manually).  I presume you have the hard drive space.  It will take quite a while.

If not "everything", then at least make sure you install all the items in the dev subtree.

HTH,
--Eljay