RE: Unable to build gcc (4) under Irix

Hello there..

Looks like a problem on your host (hardware??)

> I am using what I believe to be the latest gnu make ("GNU
> Make 3.80") and the latest gcc sources (freshly checked-out,
> I tried both the developpement branch and the 3.4.3, which
> nevertheless gives a different error...).
>
> Can you give me some hint?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Philippe
>
> PS: the output of "configure"

> checking host system type... mips-sgi-irix6.5
> checking target system type... mips-sgi-irix6.5
> checking build system type... mips-sgi-irix6.5
> checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached)
> /usr/freeware/bin/install -c checking whether ln works...
> (cached) yes checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc checking whether the C
> compiler (gcc  ) works... yes checking whether the C compiler
> (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no checking whether we are
> using GNU C... (cached) yes checking whether gcc accepts
> -g... (cached) yes checking for gnatbind... no checking
> whether compiler driver understands Ada... (cached) no
> checking how to compare bootstrapped objects... (cached) cmp
> $$f1 $$f2 16 16 checking for correct version of gmp.h... yes
> checking for MPFR... yes The following languages will be
> built: c,c++,f95,java,objc
> *** This configuration is not supported in the following
> subdirectories:
>      target-libmudflap target-libffi target-boehm-gc
> target-zlib target-libjava target-libada gnattools
                     ^^^^^^^
You will probably not be able to do Java, as libjava is unsupported.

HTH
Erlo Haugen
System Software Engineer
Aerospace & Defense

Terma A/S
Vasekær 12
2730 Herlev
Denmark

T +45 8743 6000
T +45 4594 9851 (direct)
F +45 8743 6001
E elh@xxxxxxxxx
w www.terma.com

Attention:

This e-mail (and attachment(s), if any) - intended
for the addressee(s) only - may contain confidential,
copyright, or legally privileged information or material,
and no one else is authorized to read, print, store, copy,
forward, or otherwise use or disclose any part of its
contents or attachment(s) in any form. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify me by
telephone or return e-mail, and delete this e-mail
and attachment(s). Thank you.

E-mail sent over the Internet can be tampered with.
Therefore, neither Terma nor the sender of this e-mail
assumes any responsibility for the contents of this e-mail.