Re: alignment issues for sse

Hi Brian,

>Perhaps it is because my function is inline that gcc is unable to align these variables properly?

Hmmm, perhaps.  But I suspect that it is the linker's fault.

> In any case, this is disturbing behavior. Is there some rule I'm not aware of?

Yes. The rule is "You can specify aligned(16), but if the best that the linker supports is aligned(8), you'll get aligned(8) and not the requested aligned(16)".

The linker is not part of GCC, it's part of GNU's binutils (or, I suppose, one provided from somewhere else).

>Perhaps this is a bug that has been fixed since 3.3.5?

Hmmmm, I doubt it.  But that is a possibility I cannot discount out of hand.

HTH,
--Eljay