problem with compiling library

hello gcc-team!

at first, I have to do a short description of our problem.

Since about 2 years we have a existing software (developed in delphi 5) that is currently running on windows-systems. Now we have to "re-write" this software on linux, because we have to read out a ticket-reading-device that is only supported by linux (fedora).

To communicate with the device we got some c++-libraries (.so) for linux, header-files where class-decleration are contained and some c++-demo-source.

unfortunately we can't directly access from kylix delphi the c++ libraries, so we have to wrote some functions that return the needed datas (int, string, bool) and wanted to compile them into a c++-library. Unfortunately we have big troubles with compiling this c++ library. The frist attempt was to compile the library with the gcc (3.3.3) compiler, that failed because the compiler don't know __declspec(dllexport).

the exact error-message says:
- 'dllexport' was not declared in this scope
- ISO C++ forbids decleration of 'declspec' with no type

the secound attempt was compiling with borland kylix c++ 3. the compiling was succesful but the linking failed. error-message (unresolved external (CnServerReader::~CnServerReader()) reference from (main.o)).

we searched many foums, newsgroups etc. but there was nothing that could help us.

Please help me!!!!!!!!

thx!

Yours sincerely

chris