From: gcc-help-owner@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gcc-help-owner@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of sxm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 3:28 PM
To: gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Does the order of command line arguments matter?

Hi,
I try to compile a file (scroll_ex.c from the 'Curses
Development Kit'). The following command line does the job:

gcc -g scroll_ex.c -o scroll_ex  -lcdk -lncurses

But when I first tried this:

gcc -g -lcdk -lncurses scroll_ex.c -o scroll_ex

the compiler complained:

...undefined reference to `CDKparseParams'...

('CDKparseParams' is a function of libcdk.a)

I would like to understand that behaviour. The info- pages
say that I can 'mix options and other arguments' and that
their order does (almost) not matter. I have gcc v. 3.3.1.

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right
direction.

sxm

http://www.emerion.com

*** sent through http://www.everymail.net     FREE e-mail