arm-*-elf Instruction and Data memory

Hi,

I am trying to use arm-*-elf  utilities to compile few test benches to
produce assembly files for the arm-thumb architecture, so that I can
do some simulations with an arm-thumb processor that I have developed.

When I used the -s option with the gnu/gcc for arm-thumb I got the
assembly code with references to the library calls. Since I needed
those instructions (library calls) to be there in the assembly file I
tried another option where, first I compiled the program to binary and
then used the gnu/objdump (for arm-thumb) to get the dis-assembled
version of the program where I am getting the assembly code for the
library calls.

Now the problem is, when there is data in the program the
dis-assembler (gnu/objdump) re-engineer them to instructions.

Have somebody encountered similar problems. Are there any options in
the utilities to get the instructions and data separate?

Thank you,

Roshan