Re: function call argument count

Of course using a vector, map, etc. only works if all the parameters are of
the same type. Using the explicit count is a better option for different
argument types (if the type order is known).

I sometimes use some defined value before each variable to say there is
another parameter and to give a clue to the type, and then use a different
value to define the end of the list. These can be #defines or an enumerated
type. For example:

enum Var_Types
{
    End = 0, Int, Double, String
};

void myFunc(Var_Types more,...);

Then:

myFunc(End);

would mean no parameters and

myFunc(Int, 1, Int, 3, Double, 5.8, String, "Hello", String, "Goodbye",
End);

You then test the Var_Types value, and the next parameter according to it.
You could use something similar for a parameter list with all the same type
if you have a value you know won't be passed in and can use it as a
terminator - e.g. expecting positive integers could end with a value of -1.

This was just in case you're interested in lists with different types... :-)

Chris