library created with gcc acceptable in MS VC++ application ?

Hi,
I have created a dll using gcc. Can my client embed this dll in his
application created using a different compiler such as MS Visual studio?
According to:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3.3/gcc/Interoperation.html#Interoperati
on
mixing compilers can in general be problematic. Can I avoid problems if I
restrict the interface of my dll to pure C function calls (no structs, only
primitive arguments and return types) ?
I am a gcc newbie so details would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Anup