new computer language with GCC

Hello everyone,

I would like to try my hand at implementing a computer language in GCC.

The language is "lambda calculus brainf---". Yes, "brainf---" is a dirty word. And best of all, it's a VERY VERY SIMPLE language. (Look it up in Google. Amazingly terse.)

Does anyone know of a good "Idiot's Guide to Get Your Pet Programming Language Working With GCC As The Backend"? An O'Reilly book or a HowTo URL?

I've been through the Compilers (Aho, Sethi, Ulman) "dragon" book. I'd like to try my hand at the real thing.

I don't have any delusions that I'll be the next Niklaus Wirth. I don't think anyone will be as prolific as he has been in formulating programming languages.

I could write a LCB --> C translator. But that's a CFront kind of solution; I want to get some experience working with GCC.

Thanks,
--Eljay