Bounds checker gcc eating too much memory

At my workgroup we are trying to use a gcc v3.2 with
the bounds checker patch to track some errors.

If we compile our application without the '-fbounds-check'
flag then everything is compiled just fine. However if
we enable bounds checking then the compiler will
eat lots of memory, more than 1GB !!!!

We think that it might be related to template code
expansion and might be some bug triggered by the
bounds checker patch.

As anyone had similar problems?

Thanks in advance,
Paulo Pinto