Re: possible platforms for gcc 2.7.2 ?

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 13:22, d smith wrote:

> I have a lot of code much of which was written by
> someone else years ago on a different continent, so I
> am looking for any alternatives that might prove
> easier than having to revise all the code when my
> current platform (Solaris 2.6) goes away.  (It does
> not compile under gcc 2.8.1, Solaris 2.7).

Urk....

You might want to look at the options more carefully and use a current
compiler.  Perhaps the for-scope option is one you need, permissive and
a few others that I do not know off the top of my head.

It really is not that challenging to move forward, just eliminate some
of the hurdles using options and then fix the other problems left.

--
Thanks
KenF