possible platforms for gcc 2.7.2 ?

hi--

on what (ideally fairly recent) OS's & platforms
can gcc 2.7.2 be made to work ?
(I have not yet been able to find this info on the
gcc.gnu site, though conceivably it is there
somewhere.)

I have a lot of code much of which was written by
someone else years ago on a different continent, so I
am looking for any alternatives that might prove
easier than having to revise all the code when my
current platform (Solaris 2.6) goes away.  (It does
not compile under gcc 2.8.1, Solaris 2.7).

One option:
I notice that gcc 2.7.2 archive files from the gnu
site include config files for Windows NT; does anyone
know whether this same installation procedure would be
likely to work under Win 2000 ?

tia,
DWS