Install GCC by copying

Hi folks!

I have an ongoing need to productively work with the version of GCC and
Binutils that came in the RedHat 6.2 release.  To do so, I received a
recommendation that I can use RedHat 7.2 and install the compatibility
libraries and everything will work fine, however after nearly 2 months of
working with this problem I've been unable to meet success.  For example,
maybe the libraries were being referenced properly, but I got a raft of
compiler errors that do not occur under the 6.2 environment (example: gcc
complains that main() is not typed.  Of course, today we know this is bad,
but under the RedHat 6.2 environment and version of gcc, there were no
complaints about it.

Frustrated, I built a machine with RedHat 6.2 and was immediately able to
work with the (embedded) system tools that I'm developing for.  Although
this solves my problem, it is very inconvenient.  I'd much rather get things
working on the development machine.

I just discovered this list.  Maybe you all might have saved me so much
trouble over the past few months!!

What I'd like to do is copy over the GCC and Binutils I have on the 6.2 box
to the 7.2 box.  To accomplish this, I need a list of the files that should
be brought over and where they belong on the 7.2 machine so that I won't
have to worry about setting paths.  At this point I don't care if I will be
stuck with an older compiler or libraries, as I'm just trying to get the
project smartly underway.

Can anyone help?  I'd even consider trying the compatibility libs again,
under guidance, but I think the copy idea might be a better option.

Mark