RE: LDFLAGS -static

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:37:44 -0700, lrtaylor@xxxxxxxxxx said:

Thaks alot Lyle for replaying:

The static built of the labrary is there libnewt.a
the program I'm tring to build in nparted for partitioning a disk.
there is no error message I'm getting except for this library.
configure script stops before checking other libraries.
I dont know what did you mean by th elibrary is specified too early.
do you mean that i should 've done it this way ??

CFLAGS=-I/usr/include  CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/lib LDFLAGS=--static ./configure
--prefix=./here

if that's what you mean, I did't. I tried every thing. now I'm having the
sam eproblem compiling
dialog statically the same way. Does that help ??
I did this to make sure
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/lib:/usr/lib/:/usr/local/lib

I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong. Any help is heighly
appretiated
Again thanx alot for your help.

--
  Mansour Al-Aqeel