From: Peter Ma [mailto:kmpeter@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 8:47 PM
To: gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: libgcc.a not found on AIX 4..3.3 linking DBD::ORACLE

Hello:

Forgive my igornace if this problem has already been addressed.  I've seen
this posting before and just wanted to know if anyone knew what the solution
was.

I'm trying to install perl 5.8, DBI 1.38, and DBD-Oracle 1.14 on AIX 4.3.3.

Got the perl & DBI to install without a problem.  However, when I try to
make the DBD, I get

ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: libgcc.a
         ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: libgcc_eh.a
         ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: libgcc.a
         ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: libgcc_eh.a
         ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

My gcc (version 3.2) is installed in a directory other than the default, but
I've set my PATH variable to point to my gcc and the above archive files.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,
Peter