Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Kernel 2.4 CPU Arch issues]

Hi,

I heard this gnasty rumor attached below that says that GCC
can't optimize any differently between any of the P6 or later
processors, so that -march=pentiumpro and -march=pentium2 for
example will always compile the same.  I have not been able to
find anything in the GCC documentation, buglist, or
limitations list that suggests that this is the case.  Is what
this developer telling me true?

Thanks,
William