GCC 3.3 Installl

I can't get GCC to configure, I don't understand the instructions given inside the tar.bz2 file. I'm new to Linux, and this is actually the first program(besides Linux itself) I'm installing on this computer because it is needed for another program of mine. If you could send a copy of the command prompt from the beggining of your installation of GCC 3.3. I'm certain that I only need to make sure my commands are correct. hardware and software requirements should be fine. i'm running RedHat 9 if that matters.