Re: build time

Satya wrote:
I have a serious problem. In my project there are
around 500 libraries. if i use a powerful machine to
build the whole software it takes around 15 hours to
build. I wonder if there is any solution for this. Is
there any GNU build system which schedules jobs on
several machines and does some mgmt?

If your bottleneck is the compilation time then you might appreciate a combination of <http://ccache.samba.org/> and <http://distcc.samba.org/>

If your bottleneck is link-time then neither will help,
and you might want to look into dynamically linking the
libraries of your project into the final binary (really
this just offsets the linking cost to run-time, but
depending on your platform this can be lazy and the
paging-in of the library's image is spread around the
application run period or often for a given page will
never have to happen at all).

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@xxxxxxxx   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3