Re: How to define a environment variable to compile?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:53:33PM -0600, lrtaylor@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> [...]

Granted. But maybe you just need to (re-)configure your MUA then?

> - especially if you want to quote more than just a couple lines.
> For example, I have Outlook

(ouch! ;) )

> configured in a way that works very well for the corporate
> environment (It uses color rather than the common ">" quote
> character), but not too well for stuff like this, even though I
> still like to participate here.  So, while it may not be the best
> way to respond to mailing lists, I use Outlook much more for work
> than I do for lists, so, if there are more than a few lines to
> quote, top-posting wins out...

I don't see your point. You just need to move the cursor *after* the
quoted text and start typing. Regardless whether quoting a lot of text
or not. If you want to quote more than a couple lines you just don't
have to trim it down too much. Which means less editing -- whether top
or bottom posting.

However, I was just asking not to top-post. Whether one does it or
not is (unfortunately) something I have no bearing on.

Regards.

PS: Since this discussion is OT I suggest to reply privately if you
feel the need for it. Otherwise, this thread ends here.

--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux user                         - against HTML email  X