Re: CVS : Adding a new directory structue to a branch

Erik Christiansen <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 03:36:34AM -0700, Marcus Binny wrote:
>
> > How can I add a new directory structure
> > (containing multiple subdirs and files) to this branch
> > only, without affecting users working on the main
> > trunk or other branches.
>
> Marcus,
>
>    You need: cvs import -b new-branch
> (nearly as much as a copy of the Cederqvist)

That won't work by itself.  After doing the import, people who check
out the trunk will get the new files in the new directories.

I don't know of a way other than to do the import, and then to check
out the trunk and explicitly cvs rm the newly added files from the
trunk.

Ian