[ gaim-Support Requests-1573436 ] "Not logged in" message

Support Requests item #1573436, was opened at 2006-10-08 18:37
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sf-robot
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1573436&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When I try to send a message to a friend, it says:

um  yr  face: Test
Unable to send message: Not logged in

I know my friend is online, but they do not show up on
my buddy list (although they are listed).  I wasn't
sure if this is a bug in Gaim or if it is a problem
with my friend's IM program.