[ gaim-Support Requests-1004238 ] \"MSN Chat\" problems

Support Requests item #1004238, was opened at 2004-08-05 18:45
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1004238&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In MSN Messenger, if you want to initiate a chat with
several contacts, all you do is open up a chat window for
one contact, and then invite the other contacts you
want to chat with.

In Gaim, you need to right-click the contact in the buddy
list, choose "Initiate chat", and then invite buddies in the
opened window.

There's several problems with this. Firstly, what's the
logical difference between double-clicking a buddy and
right-clicking and choosing "Initiate chat"? To a user,
both options should do the same thing. In Gaim, they
don't. Secondly, why can't you invite people in the
"double-click-on-buddy"-window?

Another problem, which actually isn't much better in MSN
Messenger, is that when a chat has been initiated, and
you want to invite other buddies, it's as good as
impossible to find buddies to invite.

Firstly, why are the e-mail addresses and not aliases
shown in the dropdown buddy list? Secondly, why can't
you incrementally search through the dropdown buddy
list? Wouldn't it be better to just use the regular buddy
window to invite buddies into a conversation?

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)