[ gaim-Support Requests-1545019 ] Japanese Character Support

Support Requests item #1545019, was opened at 2006-08-23 10:15
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mywml
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1545019&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: win32
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hey everybody!

I've noticed some very strange behavior with gaim when
talking to my friends on AIM.  It seems that if I'm
talking to my other friends on Gaim in Japanese, they
can read the characters fine.  However, when I talk to
someone using a windows AIM client, the Japanese
appears as gibberish.  This is odd, because I can talk
to these same people using normal AIM using the same
font (MS Mincho) and it appears normal to them.  What's
also odd is that if I talk to someone who is using an
Apple AIM client, than the Japanese characters appear
correct again.

Is this a bug or is this a settings problem or what?

Comment By: mywml (mywml)