Re: Gaim can't connect ICQ+MSN

Hi again,
> Using Gaim 2.0.0 Beta 3 on Windows XP SP2
>
> I am trying to connect to my ICQ and MSN accounts.
>
> ICQ: After about 15-30 seconds (probably a timeout) I get a message
> saying simply "Disconnected".
> MSN: I immediately get an message saying "Connection error from
> Notification server: Writing error"

It seems that the problem was caused by GTK+ 2.8 . I didn't see the part
on the Windows port page where it said that it only worked with GTK+
2.6.10 - this is a new machine, so I just went and downloaded the latest
version of GTK+. I think the requirement should be more obvious, as in
"Version 2.6 required, version 2.8 will not work at all!". Otherwise,
people like me just go to the download page, get the "no-gtk" package
along with the latest GTK+ version, and then wonder why it doesn't work...

Anyways, just glad it's not my motherboard or something. I'd have hated
to have to RMA it. :-)

Oh, and thanks for the 0 responses. I didn't think a support mailing
list would be so inactive...

J-S