[ gaim-Support Requests-1476634 ] installing on Windohs w/o admin rights

Support Requests item #1476634, was opened at 2006-04-25 23:10
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by datallah
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1476634&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: win32
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When installing on Windohs without administration
privilieges, the INSTALL button (last screen of the
installation wizard) is greyed-out. Wont go any
further, only BACK, no note, no explanation, no
nothing, just wont go any further. Now, I, being the
super genius I am, stopped the installation, went back
and did a RUN AS to get the installer to start under
the administrator's account, and went through the
installation wizard without  incident. But, the
inexperienced Windohs user will be confounded by the
greyed INSTALL button & I fear for him. I fear greatly
for him. GAIM may be the beginning of this young
knowledgeless man's first foray in to FOSS, perhaps
even .... gasp .... Linux ... and we do not want to
dissuade from following his heart in to that brave new
better world.

Let's make a note on that screen that tells this young
man to follow his heart to Linuhx & to restart the
installer with administrative rights.

Cheers.