[ gaim-Support Requests-1462515 ] When cygwin1.dll files are deleted Gaim stops working

Support Requests item #1462515, was opened at 2006-03-31 21:36
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by datallah
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1462515&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
>Category: win32
Group: None

Initial Comment:
For a programming class at college we are using cygwin.
We are using Cygwin on Windows to compile the files
with the "make" command that will be used to run a
microprocessor.  I went to compile the files with
"make" and an error came up that said there was more
than one "cygwin1.dll" file on the computer.  The error
then said to search for the other cygwin1.dll files and
then delete the older files and leave the newest
"cygwin1.dll" file.  I did this and the make worked and
compiled the files perfectly on Cygwin.  That I tried
to run gaim and it would not come up.  I then restored
the deleted files with no effect.

So I then uninstalled gaim and reinstalled it.  This
did not fix the problem.

This has occurred to me on two different computers.
When the other two cygwin1.dll files are deleted gaim
will not work or even come up.  Any of us that are
using cygwin have to delete the other cygwin1.dll files
off our computers for the Linux "make" command to work.
 When we do this gaim stops working and cannot be fixed.

I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem
before.

I use gaim all the time and would hate to have to stop
using it because of Cygwin.

Jarrod Newkirk
jnewkirk@xxxxxxxxxxxx