[ gaim-Support Requests-1063622 ] Nero = Gaim 100% CPU

Support Requests item #1063622, was opened at 2004-11-10 01:09
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by lschiere
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1063622&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: win32
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Whenever I start the Nero Express Burning ROM program,
Gaim, if it is open, maximizes my computer's CPU.  It is
clearly not using all of that processing power, as other
programs can "win back" CPU percentage from Gaim, but
only as much as they need (i.e., Gaim sucks up all unused
CPU time, with the end result being 100% ALWAYS).
Nero works perfectly fine if Gaim is not running, but if
Gaim is open, even minimized in the taskbar, the 100%
issue reappears.

I have experienced this problem on both Windows XP
Professional and XP Home.  I've reinstalled Windows and
the problem has not gone away, but when I first began
using Nero and Gaim together (maybe version 0.60 or so?
) I did not experience this problem--the programs could
run simultaneously without maximizing the CPU.  Perhaps
this bug was introduced with an update of Gaim.

Comment By: Herman Bloggs (hermanator)