Re: fix kernels without v5 support

On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 03:00:43AM +0800, Zorro Lang wrote:

> > > Thanks for doing this! I'm wondering if fstests should do this "removing"
> > > earlier than xfs? Hope to hear more opinions from xfs list and other fstests
> > > users (especially from some LTS distro) :)
> >
> > What is being removed is support for kernels and xfsprogs that do not
> > support v5 file systems at all, not testing on v4 file system for the
> > test device and the large majority of tests using the scratch device
> > without specifying an explicit version.
>
> Sure, I think most of systems testing doesn't need this, except some old
> LTS distros.
>

> > The exception from the above are two sub-cases for v4 that are removed in
> > the this series - if we really care about them I could move them into
> > separate tests, but I doubt it's worth it.
>
> Let me check and test this patchset more, before acking it. And give some
> time to get more review. Thanks for this patchset!

My testing done on some old and new distro/kernels with v4 and v5 xfs.
It looks good, doesn't bring in more issues. So I'd like to have this
change.

But as the review points from XFS list, looks like the patch 4/6 is better
to not be merged, and the patch 6/6 need further changes? So I'll look forward
the V2, to take more actions.

Thanks,
Zorro

> Thanks,
> Zorro

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]