Re: fix kernels without v5 support

On Mon, Apr 08, 2024 at 10:55:54PM +0800, Zorro Lang wrote:
> > this series ensures tests pass on kernels without v5 support.  As a side
> > effect it also removes support for historic kernels and xfsprogs without
> > any v5 support, and without mkfs input validation.
>
> Thanks for doing this! I'm wondering if fstests should do this "removing"
> earlier than xfs? Hope to hear more opinions from xfs list and other fstests
> users (especially from some LTS distro) :)

What is being removed is support for kernels and xfsprogs that do not
support v5 file systems at all, not testing on v4 file system for the
test device and the large majority of tests using the scratch device
without specifying an explicit version.

The exception from the above are two sub-cases for v4 that are removed in
the this series - if we really care about them I could move them into
separate tests, but I doubt it's worth it.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]