Re: Which dashboard do most fs developers use for the fstests results?

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 08:08:51PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I'm setting up my dashboard for my fstests results.
> My initial inspiration comes from Josef's static pages:
>
>   http://toxicpanda.com/
>
> Generated by the following project:
>
>   https://github.com/josefbacik/fstest-results
>

> Then I build a similar script (using junit reporting from fstests instead),
> not much results yet, but all tests will be done on aarch64 VMs:
>
>   https://h.anonymoususers.xyz:8443/results/
>
> Generated by my poorly crafted project:
>
>   https://github.com/adam900710/fstests_result_webui
>

> And I'm pretty sure other developers have their own dashboards.
> Darrick mentioned he has his own dashboard, and Theodore mentioned he hit
> several btrfs test failures.

Yep.  https://djwong.org/fstests/

Source: https://djwong.org/docs/fstmatrix.tar.xz

The tarball contains source to build four debian packages (poorly).  One
for the database itself (fugly slow sqlite); one that gets installed in
a test VM to collect, package, and submit fstests results to a
webserver; one to be the web service endpoint that accepts tarballs and
integrates the results into the database; and one to present a web
frontend and an rss feed based on db contents.

No auditing has been done on /any/ of it.  No authentication is
required.  Please don't bomb my machine.

> I'm wondering if it's possible to share the dashboards for each other?
>
> Shared dashboards have the following advantage:
>
> - Let guys from other fses to have more reports

Yes, that would be useful to cross-reference problems I see against
whatever Ted and Josef are running.  Granted I could do that today with
Josef's dashboard, but ... I don't.

>   Ted's reports is very valuable for our btrfs guys.
>   If we have the access the dashboard to grab the needed info,
>   we're definitely going to improve our runs.
>
> - Learn better ways to build the dashboard
>   I learned a lot from Josef's script, and also learned a lot from
>   the fstests junit report.
>
>   But I'm also wondering if there is some better ways.
>   One possible solution I'm still exploring is InflexDB + Grafana.

Probably smarter than building your own web dashboard, but I don't have
any experience with either of those tools.

--D

>   If you guys can share such dashboards, we would have better chances
>   to learn from each other.
>
> Thanks,
> Qu

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]