Re: Test generic/614

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 12:37 PM Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Filipe!

Hi Jan!

> I have noticed test generic/614 is failing on ext2. The test creates sparse
> file, maps it, and writes data to it through mmap. Then it checks i_blocks
> has increased. However for ext2 (and other trivial filesystems supporting
> sparse files but not implementing delayed allocation) this is bound to fail
> because i_block gets incremented only during page writeback.
>
> So would your btrfs test make sense even if we called fsync(2) before
> checking stat(2) results?

Calling fsync before calling stat would defeat the purpose of the test.
I.e. the test would pass both with and without the btrfs fix.

So maybe adding the following to the test:

_supported_fs ^ext2

And listing all other filesystems not supporting delayed allocation?

Or adding a _require_delayed_allocation() helper to make it _notrun().

Thanks.

>                                                                 Honza
> --
> Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxxx>
> SUSE Labs, CR

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]