Test generic/614

Hello Filipe!

I have noticed test generic/614 is failing on ext2. The test creates sparse
file, maps it, and writes data to it through mmap. Then it checks i_blocks
has increased. However for ext2 (and other trivial filesystems supporting
sparse files but not implementing delayed allocation) this is bound to fail
because i_block gets incremented only during page writeback.

So would your btrfs test make sense even if we called fsync(2) before
checking stat(2) results?

								Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, CR

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]