Re: Collaborating updates of kdevops xfstests repo

On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 07:46:08AM -0700, Luis Chamberlain wrote:
> If you look fstests has no release tags. Long term I think it would be
> wonderful if we strive for that...

Since May, Zorro has started providing release tags --- it's tagged
when he pushes a batch to for-next, and so far there hasn't been any
changes between when a batch of updates get promoted from for-next to
the master branch.

% git tag -l | grep ^v2022
v2022.05.01
v2022.05.08
v2022.05.15
v2022.05.22
v2022.05.29
v2022.06.05
v2022.06.12
v2022.06.26
v2022.07.03

So if you want stability, you can wait until after the tag has been
promoted to the master branch.  I've using the for-next branch for
xfstests-bld, since I'm also doing development work for xfstests, and
before I release an prebuilt image for kvm-xfstests or gce-xfstests,
I've done a full sanity check run on at least ext4, xfs, btrfs, and
f2fs.  And aside from a relatively rare hiccups, I've found for-next
to be plenty stable enough for me.

Of course, it's a bit easier for me, since I've explicitly *not* been
promising that a reliable set of baseline configs that can be used for
drive-by testers.  OTOH, last I checked, kdevops hasn't published new
baselines since 5.17, which IMHO is way too old for drive-by testers
who need to test patches meant for upstream submission anyway...

Cheers,

					 -Ted

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]