Re: Is there something wrong about the commit log of tools/nextid ?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 09:32:26AM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 06:15:31PM +0800, Zorro Lang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Recently I always find this message when I do:
> >
> > # git status
> > On branch master
> > Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
> >
> > Changes not staged for commit:
> >   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> >   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
> >
> >         typechange: tools/nextid
> >
> > Even git pull to latest commit, this problem is still there.
> > If I did `git blame tools/nextid`, I can't see the commit message
> > about this file. If I did `git checkout -- tools/nextid`, then
> > `git blame tools/nextid` shows:
> >
> >   208422233 (Darrick J. Wong 2015-12-21 18:07:52 +1100 1) sort-group
> >
> > Only this one line. I don't know what happened to this file, is there
> > something wrong when merge or push it?
>
> It's supposed to be a symbolic link, hence the one-line git blame after
> you git checkout.

Thanks, yes, I notice that it's a symbolic link now. I just don't know why
I need to do git checkout after a normal git pull. I didn't change anything
before git pull.

Anyway, I can't reproduce this issue after git checkout that file. If no
one hit this issue too, please ignore my issue :)

Thanks again,
Zorro