Re: Detecting whether a font is a fallback

Le jeudi 20 avril 2023 à 17:56 +0900, Akira TAGOH a écrit :

Well, no, unfortunately we don't. In the first place, most applications request a font with a generic family name. In that sense, the result will always be a fallback. and there is no way to know in fontconfig which one is reliable.

We could export a result of score that fontconfig figured out from FcPattern and see how it was picked up though. that may be too primitive. may need to think about better interface.

Thank you for confirming this. Would it be an appropriate feature request to file on the issue tracker?

Best,

Jean