Re: Help with using Fontconfig on Cygwin: "Cannot load default config file"

How did you build fontconfig? The installation path depends on it. you
may want to install fonts.conf at the place where you specified
directly or indirectly. you can try to install fonts.conf by "make
install fonts.conf" or "meson install" if you use meson - not yet
fully implemented meson support. no install_tags for that yet, but
anyway.
Or you can copy a file too. check BASECONFIGDIR in Makefile.

Hope this helps,

--
Akira TAGOH