Re: Can I cache only particular fonts from WINDOWSFONTDIR

What exactly do you want to do?  If you don't need fonts from
"WINDOWSFONTDIR", you can simply drop the line of
"<dir>WINDOWSFONTDIR</dir>" from your fonts.conf. that will stop
creating caches for "WINDOWSFONTDIR" though.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 9:48 PM Radoslav Stoyanov
<radoslav.stoyanov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> I would like to ask if there is a way to set fonts.conf file so that only particular fonts are cached and not the entire WINDOWSFONTDIR?
>
> From what I understood from the docs and after some good number of experiments I couldn't find a way to do it. I've noticed that when I blacklist several fonts the cache file size remains the same. So I guess that whole WINDOWSFONTDIR is cached every time and then the black list filter is applied. So seems like there is no way to not cache the whole WINDOWSFONTDIR...
>
> Thank you very much,
> Rado
>
> PS. If you've received this message twice please excuse me. First time when I've sent it I've not been subscribed to the list.
>

> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Akira TAGOH