Re: Get width of each character.

You probably want to use something like Pango for this, or Freetype of course.

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020, 4:49 AM Dheeraj Yadav <dhirajyadav135@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Akira,
Thanks for the reply.

I know it doesn't affect rendering but I am working on converting text to pdf. So, I need to get the value of width of each character.

Cheers
Dheeraj

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020, 2:58 PM Akira TAGOH <akira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 6:06 PM Dheeraj Yadav <dhirajyadav135@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> The font I am using has FC_SPACING set as PROPORTIONAL.
> So, Width of each character is different. I wanted to know, is it possible to get width of each character for a particular font in C i.e. using fontconfig.h ?

Even if you change a value in FC_SPACING property, that won't change
the feel of "Width of each character is different" because that is the
reason why it was PROPORTIONAL. that is just a cache from a font to
query a best font against a request. that won't affect the rendering
directly.

> Thank you for your time.
>
> Cheers
> Dheeraj