Re: Xft with multiple DPIs/multihead doesn't support different DPI

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 1:19 AM, Ben Stern <bas-savannah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Behdad,

I used KDE to set the DPI, but I don't use a desktop environment in normal
life.  Is there truly no way to set different resolutions without using a
desktop environment?  How does GNOME do it?  It must tell fontconfig
somehow, mustn't it?

Desktop environments can handle multiple differing display densities in different ways. They can rescale the application for example, and I *think* that's what GNOME does. They can also tell fontconfig different DPI numbers at run-time, but that's really not the hard part about it.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Stern