Re: How to block glyph fallback in a QT application?

Quote/Cytat - Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny@xxxxxxxxx> (Mon 06 Jan 2014 04:30:27 PM CET):

Generally, for most applications it is preferable to show the user some
text, even if the typographic quality is low than showing him empty
squares, that is why virtually every GUI application (or toolkit)
implement some sort of fallback.

I understand this.

Gucharmap has an option to turn off fallback, and so does Pango, but for
a Qt application you will need a Qt solution.

Thanks for pointing this option to me, I somehow missed it.

FontConfig itself does not do glyph fallback (since it is not a text
layout library), though such a mechanism can be built on top of its API.

Thanks for explanation.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)