Re: How to block glyph fallback in a QT application?

Quote/Cytat - Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@xxxxxxxxxx> (Mon 06 Jan 2014 03:57:06 PM CET):

On 14-01-06 10:46 PM, Janusz S. Bien wrote:
Quote/Cytat - Raimund Steger <rs@xxxxxxxx> (Mon 06 Jan 2014 02:51:29 PM CET):

Hi,

On Mon, January 6, 2014 07:13, Janusz S. Bien wrote:
[...]
incidentally selects an improper font, then fallback creates quite a
mess.

What kind of mess are you seeing --

* empty squares showing (= no glyph fallback)

That's what I would like to have when the user selects a wrong font.

You need to ask Qt then.  Little that can be done in fontconfig.

The problem doesn't seem to be QT specific. On several versions of Debian I never get empty squares in any application - for example gnucharmap is quite confusing for this reason.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)