Re: CMakeLists.txt for fontconfig library (enables native compilation on windows)

On 10/08/2012 08:30 PM, Akira TAGOH wrote:
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Pavel Koshevoy <pkoshevoy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am not proposing to switch to cmake for any platforms.  I am only
proposing to make it available for native win32/win64 builds.  If someone
decides to extend it later to more platforms -- great, but that was not my
focus this time.
I know. that would be obvious what is the target to build for if one
is proposing to add Makefile.win32. but just adding CMakeLists.txt may
implies to work on all of platforms and you just tested it on Win32
(or MSVC) only. it's the problem. or if you can rename it to something
containing win32, that may be good.

I am pretty certain the file has to be called CMakeLists.txt in order for cmake to recognize it. If I rename it to CMakeLists.win32.txt then cmake complains:

CMake Error: The source directory "/Developer/x86_64/build/git-src-fontconfig" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

I could make it print an erro message if it detects a non-WIN32 platform, like this:

if (NOT WIN32 OR (MINGW OR MSYS OR CYGWIN))
message(FATAL_ERROR "This CMake project is intended only for native WIN32 compilation. For any other platforms please use the autotools ./configure script.")
endif (NOT WIN32 OR (MINGW OR MSYS OR CYGWIN))

    Pavel