Re: Multiple values in <test> - Simple Solution?

On 09/03/2012 06:23 PM, Raimund Steger wrote:
As to whether there is The Solution planned for this, I don't see it... The problem is you can have any number of matching positions in such cases, and then where would you apply the edit? What would you do for qual's other than "any"? It just wouldn't make sense. OK maybe the warning could be more precise and only warn if the match position is used in the edit and/or if there is more than one actual match per property for a given pattern...

Raimund

Thank you for your excellent response. At the moment I don't have any good ideas on how to improve the matching (to make it easier to accomplish what I am trying to). But, I do think that limiting the warning to print only when precisely required would be good. I know there have been a *lot* of complaints on various forums and bugtrackers about the new warnings, and is probably good to limit it to actual cases where it creates ambiguity.