Re: Multiple values in <test> - Simple Solution?

Infinality wrote:
Hi,

I have some configurations that make gratuitous use of multiple values
in <test>, to group certain families of fonts together, as shown below.
My understanding is that the only "correct" way to do this now is to
have an entire
single family!  Is there any simpler way to do what I would like?  If
not, is it planned?

fontconfig's behavior is unchanged; only the warning is new. There have been a few discussions on this I think, ones that I recollect are http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.fonts.fontconfig/3741 and http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.fonts.fontconfig/3991, including the CR http://cgit.freedesktop.org/fontconfig/commit/conf.d/45-latin.conf?id=2b010e46e629f118885f17ba860e9c4ddbba8779.

Since that frequently came up I think the change was a good idea and I've written my configs in a way that I use individual <match> blocks. (I only assign some marker property in these blocks and don't do other edits so that I don't have to repeat them every time.)

As to whether there is The Solution planned for this, I don't see it... The problem is you can have any number of matching positions in such cases, and then where would you apply the edit? What would you do for qual's other than "any"? It just wouldn't make sense. OK maybe the warning could be more precise and only warn if the match position is used in the edit and/or if there is more than one actual match per property for a given pattern...

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31, Duesseldorf 40211 Germany   home: <rs@xxxxxxxx>
+49-179-2981632 icq 16845346                  work: <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>