Re: how to read config file from current dir (relative to a binary using the lib)

On 27.08.12 3:16 , Akira TAGOH wrote:

>> I don't want to use ENV vars, otherwise I'd have to use a wrapper script to
>> start the binary.
>> There are binaries available that search in the same or relative directory for
>> the font configuration files.
>
> that would be only way to go to read the configuration from _current
> path_ so far. if it's the fixed path for the specific application, you
> can use --with-baseconfigdir=/path/to/binary/cfg and put your rules on
> /path/to/binary/cfg/conf.d or simply use
> --with-configdir=/path/to/binary/cfg.

Well, that's the thing. Static binaries are seldomly in a specific path.
People put them wherever they want.

Anyway, I understand that using the ENV var is the only way to manipulate the
config path. But here's the next problem.

a) fontconfig linked statically
b) some binary using fontconfig also linked statically

I use setenv in b) to set the FONTCONFIG_PATH variable, but a) ignores it.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
  Helmut