Re: how to read config file from current dir (relative to a binary using the lib)

Hi Raimund,

On 26.08.12 17:50 , Raimund Steger wrote:
> No, this must resolve to an absolute path at compile time.

What about these 2 configuration parameters:

  --with-baseconfigdir=DIR
                          Use DIR to store the base configuration files
                          [default=SYSCONFDIR/fonts]
  --with-configdir=DIR    Use DIR to store active configuration files
                          [default=BASECONFIGDIR/conf.d]

Do they have to be absolute paths as well?

> But you can set FONTCONFIG_PATH to a non-default configuration root at
> runtime, i. e. FONTCONFIG_PATH=/path/to/binary/cfg.

I don't want to use ENV vars, otherwise I'd have to use a wrapper script to
start the binary.
There are binaries available that search in the same or relative directory for
the font configuration files.

It must be possible somehow.

Cheers,
 Helmut